What's new

PK Extract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien

Kava Newbie
I'm still very new to kava but have tried the extract a couple of more times since having some breakthrough kava experiences. I don't find that the extract really does much of anything for me to be honest. Well, beyond numbing my tongue and mouth a whole lot more than a prepared kava drink.

I am curious though-- Does the extract under the tongue (sublingually) have anything to do with a full/empty stomach like the prepared drink does? I'd think not since it's taken sublingually but figured I'd ask.

Also, for the record, I've tried 2-3x the recommended dose. I'm not giving up just yet but it has yet to impress me. Very well could be I'm still a kava newbie, however.

bobarctor

Kava Curious
You've got a lot of openings for active substances to enter your blood stream under your tongue - shouldn't matter if you've eaten or if you've fasted before.

The extract clearly has an effect on me, but not really recreational if stand-alone, more like a better idea than popping some legal benzodiazepine. The extract when taken in conjunction to getting krunked by a kava kava drink makes it shine though, as it brings a nice headiness to the whole shebang, no matter if the kava kava chemotype has kawain as the more dominant lactone or not.

Maybe you just got a bad batch? It's kind of expensive per dose even with the fantastic 2 for 1. It's the best extract out there I ever tried, but maye you can't expect very much more either.

D

Deleted User01

I used to squeeze those Gaia capsules under my tongue with or without a full stomach. I always got instant effects. You can even do that with Kava Grog but you gotta have will power and ignore the taste. I did my Reverse Tolerance like that.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm one that the sublingual method does little to nothing for. I eat the extract on an empty stomach and it works, and works well. I eat half a tablespoon and then usually end up taking involuntary naps.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Alien,
Have you gotten over the notorious kava reverse tolerance? Have you felt the full effects of kava beverage?
The extract is strong, and works every time.
Sublingual is fastest and most efficient, but there are those who like to drink it as a tea.
Keep us posted please
AG

hyperdown

Kava Curious
I'm with Kap'm on this one. I found sublingual usage to be pretty useless. I just swallow a small spoonful and it works well.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I have found the extracts to be too sleep inducing, for me that is the only effect that is pronounced, I do not feel the other effects that is why I like to drink the powdered or fresh root. If I pop a pill of kava then I will be looking for a pillow very soon. I have never tried PK extract but I have heard a lot of good things about it. Aloha.

Chris

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
This is interesting, I've been using the sublingual method and effects have been good but not amazing, they seem to be missing something, maybe I should try eating a spoonful with sugar and the medicine will go down! I will report back

Alien

Kava Newbie
Alien,
Have you gotten over the notorious kava reverse tolerance? Have you felt the full effects of kava beverage?
The extract is strong, and works every time.
Sublingual is fastest and most efficient, but there are those who like to drink it as a tea.
Keep us posted please
AG
I am fairly sure I broke through the RT phase after my 5-7 day love affair of constantly consuming different kavas. I found myself way too krunked to drive quite a few times and even would wake up the next day with some after effects though nothing too major.

I have no doubt your product is the real thing. Today I took 4g sublingually and got some effects from it though most of it was a drowsiness. Not a big deal though-- I'm still a novice and still learning about what all kava has to offer. All of my research also led me to not expect mind-blowing effects from any extracts, including yours at PK. I'm completely fine with that, too. I do wish the flavors covered up the kava taste some more though. The numbing effects are quite intense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.