What's new

Just thought I would let you all know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi every one, I just thought I would take this time to let you all know that I will be offering my Papa Ele Ele in Medium and Micro and I will have my Mahakea CO2 extract on my website in the next day or 2. They are all ready and I am taking some pictures and will be putting it on my site tonight I hope. I know you all will love these 2 products, the extract is very strong so start small and work your way up, it is 73% kavalactones. Aloha to all.

Chris

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Does the Mahakea extract seem similar to Mahakea medium ground/micro? It's one of my favorites but most extracts come across overly heady to me. Thanks, Chris. Looking forward to trying the new products!

mdmace

Kava Curious
So what does an extract taste like? Is it for mixing into drinks? I'm really curious on how you would use it.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
So what does an extract taste like? Is it for mixing into drinks? I'm really curious on how you would use it.
It depends on the extract. Some extracts are flavored and thus can taste like a lot of things (Paradise was very nice tasting and had different flavors like chocolate orange, honey lemon and so on). Generally it will still be strongly peppery and extremely numbing, but even the purer extracts I've had were very inoffensive compared to powdered kava and I had no problem eating them straight.

I've never tried mixing them into drinks, but I'd guess it won't dissolve properly (no harm in trying though). I think the main attraction is their travelability and ease of use even in a situation where you might be restricted as to what you could do (eg. on an airplane).

You can also use them sublingually, sort of like chewing fresh root.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Does the Mahakea extract seem similar to Mahakea medium ground/micro? It's one of my favorites but most extracts come across overly heady to me. Thanks, Chris. Looking forward to trying the new products!
I would say that it is a different effect from the traditional prep because it is a strong extract but it is still a good pleasant effect. Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi, this is just plain and pure CO2 kava extract, it has no flavor added, it does have a strong peppery taste and it is very numbing as was mentioned. This extract is a thick sticky paste. I suggest starting out small, use a tooth pick to take out a small BB or pellet size amount or less and just put it on our tongue, under it or just swallow it. It is not soluble in water so you can not mix it with drinks.
Extract is not for everyone, some people like it and some do not. I prefer the traditional root over the extract but that is just me. There are those that love this kind of extract and I hope that they will be pleased, it does not have any flavor added but it is not meant to replace the originator of the best flavored kava extracts around (Paradise Kava) who is no longer selling kava. Aloha.

Chris

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Wow Chris, mahalo nui loa for your effort! The extract looks amazing!
Kinda old question... any chance ordering from outside US? You can answer me privately, if you wish, so we don't spoil the whole thread with this.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Hey Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava , will you eventually be selling some of the Papa Ele Ele as medium grind or micronized? I'm trying to get an idea of which cultivars I like best. Extract throws an entirely different parameter into that equation that I can't compare apples to apples.

D

Deleted User01

Well alright then! Just in time for my Fall Order. Time to stock up for the Holidays.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
As long as its available to order before Wednesday, the extract might be a good choice for my upcoming overseas trip. I like Mahakea, medium and micro, but Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, you say its a different effect than the med grind, although still pleasant. Is it possible to say in what way it is different? Is it headier, heavier, is is even possible to describe the difference!? If its headier, its not going to work as an anxiolytic for me. Which is what I need with two flights, a London Underground journey, and a train journey up to the Midlands!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yay im excited to try papa ele ele for the first time! I hope stock lasts longer than it did for kumakua!

Palmetto

Thank God!
If the extracts are headier than traditional prep, than you would logically expect that the flavokawain level is lower than traditional prep too, since the heavier kavalactones tend to be extracted more together in organic solvents. I hope Chris posts the full chemical profile.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'll be checking the GHK site every couple hours lol

As far as the flavor of the extract, it is pungent and very numbing, so if you eat a blob without washing it down you may feel as if your throat is swelling up a little (it's just the numbing effect, don't freak out haha) so you dont taste it all that much since you get so numbed by it. But suffice it to say that the delicate palleted will not find it delicious. You could easily put it in a capsule and eat immediately. I think it might melt the cap after a while

verticity

I'm interested in things
@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava What is the flavokavain/kavalactone ratio of your extract relative to the raw powder? I have no doubts that it is noble, of course. I'm just curious if you have tested that, because I am curious about the effect of CO2 extraction on flavokavain content. Does it reduce it or enhance it? (Based on the chemistry, I have speculated that it is enhanced, but I have never seen any reliable test results to prove or disprove my theory)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I stupidly refreshed his website last night hoping to order some, then I remembered that night in Hawaii is 5 hours later than mine

Also, I agree that I would love to see an HPLC breakdown of this

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
I stupidly refreshed his website last night hoping to order some, then I remembered that night in Hawaii is 5 hours later than mine

Also, I agree that I would love to see an HPLC breakdown of this
I did the same shit

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
HI everyone, here is the link to my CO2 extract.---http://gourmethawaiiankava.com/product/hawaiian-kava-extract/
It is up on the site but I have more work to do so it is seen easily let me know if you have any questions, aloha.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.