What's new

Too much Kava?

Jungle

Kava Curious
I've been buying 1/2 lb bags and they only last me 2 days. I use the Aluball method. Am I using to much?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Are you making shells all day or only in the evening ? Have you ever done traditional prep? It might give you a little more bang for your buck. If you haven't, you should try it for a while to find out how many tablespoons you find to be reasonably satisfying for one whole session.

1/2 pound in two days is a lot, but I suppose it's not completely unheard of if you're a hard head, especially if it's weak kava and you're always in search of the 'full' experience.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I wonder if the amount needed is just a body chemistry issue. A 1/2 lb bag lasts me about 4-5 days but that is because I stretch it, if I had unlimited funds I could probably go through that in two days easy and I have done that on really bad weeks. At no point do I feel as though I have really pushed myself to the edge or have drank to much so I wonder if by some unfortunate reason we are just more tolerant than the average person. I don't know much about the workings of kava but I often wonder if we just have a naturally low amount of the receptors that the kava has to work on? Anybody with anymore insight on this I would love to hear your opinions.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've been buying 1/2 lb bags and they only last me 2 days. I use the Aluball method. Am I using to much?
I go through 1+ pounds a week, I mostly make traditional batches and use 1/4-1/3 cup (2 washes). Days I am off, I go through a lot of kava. Otherwise, I'll drink it in the morning before work and after.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
When I quit boozin, I was drinking very huge amounts. Slowly it went down over time, I think of the batches I was preparing when I was still drinking and get nauseous thinking about drinking that much kava. Hopefully, it will go down for you.