What's new

Powdered Kava Review Black Sand Kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":10,"Mind":8,"Body":4,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":4,"Taste":"5","Preparation":"3 tbsps. aluballed. 1 tbsp. in each of 3 aluballs, wash with just over a cup of milk/water, rewash with another cup and a bit. Mix the two and do an extra strain. 2 shells of kava split over an hour or so.","Duration":"3 to 4 hours","SideEffects":"Nothing to speak of","Headline":"Really nice light tasting balanced kava"}
I wanted a lightish session after a couple of busy days of kava drinking so went for Black Sand. I've tried this before and liked it so thought this would be the one for me tonight. This is a really nice, light tasting, balanced kava. The grind is quite fine with some larger root pieces and it smells really nice. To me it's pretty light tasting and it makes a very light coloured kava. This is similar to the White Sand I reviewed the other day but I think this is possibly a little more potent. Both have fairly similar effects but the Black Sand is possibly just a fraction heavier, slightly more feeling in the muscles and maybe a little bit of sedation. This would be a really good daytime kava if you didn't have too much to do. If you were working I'd go for the White Sand out of the two. The effects come on quite quickly and mainly consist of a strong mental relaxation and anti anxiety effect. The initial effects level out into a nice relaxing glow that stays with you for a good while after. I have had no problems with nausea or any other unwanted side effects. All in all a really good kava.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Great review Edward, I agree with you completely. I bought some black sands when it was on sale and was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. I quickly stocked up while the sale was still on. There are plenty of other Kavas out there that I like for various reasons but black sands has been my every day go to kava for about 2 months, great stuff!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Great review Edward, I agree with you completely. I bought some black sands when it was on sale and was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. I quickly stocked up while the sale was still on. There are plenty of other Kavas out there that I like for various reasons but black sands has been my every day go to kava for about 2 months, great stuff!
Yes, really like it, nice balance and good potency.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
This is what gave me the idea that black sand is from the stump (lawena) of the Stone Root . It is from the N@H website under Stone Kava:

"This kava root is darker than the Black Sand kava because lateral roots have more bark on them than kava root chips. The color of the kava juice that is yielded from this root is subsequently dark in nature. The taste of kava tea made from this kava will be similar to the Black Sand Kava we sell only magnified. "

I am not sure if it is from the same root after reading it again. However Black Sand had a Stone like effect for me but lighter.

"