What's new

Is the kava presence male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

verticity

I'm interested in things
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/06/23...hell-mother-searched-internet-for-chloroform/

'...When defense lawyer Jose Baez put Cindy Anthony on the stand, she shocked the courtroom as well as the jurors, according to witness descriptions (jurors are not allowed to be shown on the courtroom’s live feed). “I was searching for ‘chlorophyll’ because I was worried that it might affect my dogs,” Cindy testified. “I was worried about them eating bamboo.”...'
o_O

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Haha I feel like what this post was asking was more of the yin yang type male female.
Rather than stereotypes of gender.

Male is outward energy. It's makes noise.
Female is inward. And is the silence itself .

The power of the female is allowing.
In the Tao te ching .
Lao tzu sais to be the valley the female. Rather than the mountain the male.

That we always have our backs facing the female and heads toward the male.

Form is male in this sense. Visible graps able . Imposable.

Female is the formless darkness behind the eyes. That allows the sense percepton.
Our suppressing of females is not seperate from humans as a whole suppressing the inner female .

Too much feminine energy in our go go go (male) energy world would collapse the collective ego. Which is why unconsciously men have destroyed the female power in the world.
Now women who seem to be leading women's rights aren't really even embodying the female like hillary clinton. They are just pure masculine energy forces alot of the times and so don't bring frequency neccesarry to change the world.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Haha I feel like what this post was asking was more of the yin yang type male female.
Rather than stereotypes of gender.

Male is outward energy. It's makes noise.
Female is inward. And is the silence itself .

The power of the female is allowing.
In the Tao te ching .
Lao tzu sais to be the valley the female. Rather than the mountain the male.

That we always have our backs facing the female and heads toward the male.

Form is male in this sense. Visible graps able . Imposable.

Female is the formless darkness behind the eyes. That allows the sense percepton.
Our suppressing of females is not seperate from humans as a whole suppressing the inner female .

Too much feminine energy in our go go go (male) energy world would collapse the collective ego. Which is why unconsciously men have destroyed the female power in the world.
Now women who seem to be leading women's rights aren't really even embodying the female like hillary clinton. They are just pure masculine energy forces alot of the times and so don't bring frequency neccesarry to change the world.
But...isn't the Tao Te Ching based on gender stereotypes? If you say "this is feminine energy" or "this is masculine energy", aren't you talking about what historically cultures have thought of as "masculine" and "feminine"? This is a frequent criticism of women in politics, actually--that they are acting too much "like men". But why do people say this? Because women in politics have strong personalities and leadership skills? Why can't people just be judged as individuals, instead of in terms of presupposed gender roles?

Just some food for thought..

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Both make sense. Theres no denying that males and females have different experiences of the world that are innate, however subtle they might be. I agree though that hilary seems to have come to power by acting as much like the male establishment as possible, without trying to change things like many feminists would like to see changed. She's trying to beat men at their own game and that works.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Once again i dont think its a gender term of it. Female and Male energy arent defined by the gender in which we refer them too. I see what your saying, linguistically calling them male and female is a form of that i suppose.
I guess thats why theres the yin and yang term instead.
Regardless of what we call it. These two movements do exist and can be witness in your waking life without a doubt.

I didnt try to mean the hillary clinton thing in a stereotypical way, more of a reflection of the denial of the yin energy in females now a days.

I also think the heaviness on terminology is a huge culprit of these stereotypes. We will most likley realize that galaxies have genders.

Another thing though is that physically these traits are represented in the human bodies as well. The penis is outward, while the vagina is inward, just one tiny example of the physical expression of this trait.
Females carry the baby, nurture it, the male lets go of it and externalizes the life force, the female captures it .

I dont think feminine and masculine is strictly bound to our cultural ideas i think its plainly expressed on a instinctual level.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
From a purely botanical viewpoint, kava grows assexually from cuttings.

Cultivated p. methysticum's inflorescences are almost universally male. Female flowers are not unheard of, just rare. And of course, p. methysticum is sterile.

P. wichmanii has male and female plants and is capable of reproducing sexually. If you think that makes tudei sexy... that's all you. I'll stick to regular kava.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
From a purely botanical viewpoint, kava grows assexually from cuttings.

Cultivated p. methysticum's inflorescences are almost universally male. Female flowers are not unheard of, just rare. And of course, p. methysticum is sterile.

P. wichmanii has male and female plants and is capable of reproducing sexually. If you think that makes tudei sexy... that's all you. I'll stick to regular kava.
That is interesting. I didn't realize kava ever had flowers. Do you have a picture of that?

EQ

Atman
Kava is of slight imaginative balance in Taoist standard
It is both Male & Female.

Male & Female are physical bodies, but in those cultural contexts Female.
Kava is a caring gentleman, and a slightly assertive women.

The caring gentleman is slightly imaginative: thus Female
You can see the contradictions of cultural words used to describe genitals to describe energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.