What's new

Kava Powdered Review Kava Powder

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
kava-kb-banner.png

I recently went through a bag of KavaBoy's Hinehina (white) kava again...and thought I'd do a quick update, since the previous review is in the old format and located in a different section. This kava is definitely on the Kavain-dominant side of the spectrum. Light, clean and heady in effect, probably made mostly with root stump rather than lateral roots. These types of kavas are typically very easy to drink and taste relatively good. KavaBoy in particular is probably the most delicious kava root I've ever had, similar to some Mo'i I had from HKC many years ago and to certain batches of Tongan Pride from KBR.
(KavaBoy have said they actually supply KBR with his Tongan kava, which explains why I used to associate the KavaBoy experience with Tongan Pride)

Although my previous experiences with KavaBoy seemed to lack any sedation by the time I went to sleep, this time I was able to get to a level where I felt nicely sedate for sleeping at the end of the night. I attribute this to upping my dosage to 10 Tbsp and sometimes mixing it with BFK's fiji waka. I also used only one strainer this time, rather than two, to allow more particles to pass through.

Still, the effect is very light on the body, and that's the way this type of kava is supposed to be. It's main focus is the clear headed, happy head space it puts you in...and it's good at it. It's a kava I could actually drink, go hang with friends, have a jam session and enjoy while doing stuff. It's somewhat mild but good at uplifting your mood and bringing you peace.
Scoop some up, if that's the kind of thing you are looking for...

::happyshell::

KavaBoy - Hinehina,1 lbs.

I also got this cool sticker:
kb-sticker.JPG

(Thanks Sarah! @KavaBoy Hawaii)

Last edited:
R

Rookietwoshoes

That's next on my list. Am also interested in their chai tea but I'm uncertain as to how much kava is in it and whether the effects can be felt.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Was it violet or kavagurl who loved that chai concoction?

R

Rookietwoshoes

I might pick some up along with a small bag of Hinehina . Thanks Shakas - I don't think I would have learned of kavaboy without your endorsement . I'm definitely intrigued by Tongans and look forward to trying that variety.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Nice to meet you, kavagurl ! Thanks for the tip about the chai tea. You're right , it's awesome :p

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
Nice to meet you, kavagurl ! Thanks for the tip about the chai tea. You're right , it's awesome :p
Nice to meet you too Rook! Hope you don't mind the shortened name.. I have a tendency to give people nick names:D. And I'm really glad you like the chai! I love that stuff.. Just wish it came in bigger bags:rolleyes: